The results are in from the intense food allergy testing done on Roa and I. The results are suprising, hopeful, and troubling all at the same time. Roa shows high allergic sensitivity to oats, cheese, milk, yogurt, peanut, kidney bean, and aspergillus niger(a mold found on grapes, onions, and peanuts). He shows moderate sensitivity to wheat, corn, orange, and soy bean. With these results, Dr. Van Dyke recommended we cut these things from our diet. He also suggested we cut the items listed on low allergen including baker's yeast, gluten, beef, pork, and banana to see how Roa responds and then we could possibly add things back after some time. Wow! The Thayer's diet is greatly changing! Fruits, vegetables, rice, chicken and fish will be the staples.
We don't know how these dietary changes will alter Roa's CP, but won't it be interesting to find out what he will be like when he is feeling better? It should also be noted that these type of allergies usually run in families. Allergic responses to foods that go undetected over years can result in symptoms of depression, anxiety, irritable bowel, insomnia, parkinson's disease, etc... sounds a bit familiar to the Kriesel family tree. Physical symptoms noted are skin issues, dark circle under the eyes, diaper rash,... things our Roa has shown.
The other step we are now looking into is to complete the next food allergy panel that looks at the next series of most common foods (88 to be exact) that might cause issue. We also are looking into a urine screen to determine levels of hormones that could be affecting his sleep.
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (47)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2010 (74)
- Day 16- Hard Days Night
- LAST WEEK- Sunday night thoughts
- Day 15- Always look on the bright side of life
- Day 14- Food Allergy test results
- Day 14- Open thoughts and ramblings of a tired sou...
- 4:39 am - Day 14 - Reality post
- Day 13 - New foods, old sleep issues
- Day 12- Sleep Glorious Sleep!
- Day 11- Trying to keep our spirits up
- Update of Day 10- Snoozefest
- Day 10- 2 weeks down, 2 to go!
- Day 9- Daddy's back in the game!
- Day 8- Limp Little Noodle
- Day 7- Running on empty!
- Day 6- Almost Perfect!
- Day 5- He's just warmin' up!
- Day Four- Forging Forward!
- Day 3- Teething and Tough!
- Blog issues
- Day 2 Details
- Day One of HBOT!
- HBOT sucess story to share
- Love and support
- The Countdown Begins!
- Preparing for Sunday's trip to Madison!
- ▼ August (25)