Only 6 days until Roa has his very first session of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy! Bryan and I are both nervous and excited! Roa doesn't have a clue what is in store for him! :) The rest of the week, we are ironing out the details of our month away from home. With API giving Bryan the chance to work from Madison, we have now added Christine, Lindsay, and Ellen to the dog duty list. Thank you guys! I've started some of the "packing-pile-up" and realize our Pathfinder isn't as big as we thought!
Today we have Roa's IFSP (individual family service plan) review with the Birth to 2 staff. We will go over Roa's therapy goals, discuss where he is at, and plan for where we want to go from here. We are glad that we get to do this before HBOT so we can get a clear picture of his current development and see what HBOT improves.
Yesterday, I got a chance at Roa's nap time to chat with Heather, mom to Carson who has had HBOT in Madison. Heather and her 3 boys will be visiting us at the center. I'm excited to meet them! Heather has seen quite a few nice changes in Carson since his therapy sessions including eye muscular strengthening, better sleep patterns, improved eating, rolling and army crawling. Carson's twin brother, Jackson had one session of HBOT and afterwards, stopped his toe-walking and tight shoulders! Very exciting stuff! Thanks for sharing, Heather! :)
Duty calls, nap time is over!
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (47)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2010 (74)
- Day 16- Hard Days Night
- LAST WEEK- Sunday night thoughts
- Day 15- Always look on the bright side of life
- Day 14- Food Allergy test results
- Day 14- Open thoughts and ramblings of a tired sou...
- 4:39 am - Day 14 - Reality post
- Day 13 - New foods, old sleep issues
- Day 12- Sleep Glorious Sleep!
- Day 11- Trying to keep our spirits up
- Update of Day 10- Snoozefest
- Day 10- 2 weeks down, 2 to go!
- Day 9- Daddy's back in the game!
- Day 8- Limp Little Noodle
- Day 7- Running on empty!
- Day 6- Almost Perfect!
- Day 5- He's just warmin' up!
- Day Four- Forging Forward!
- Day 3- Teething and Tough!
- Blog issues
- Day 2 Details
- Day One of HBOT!
- HBOT sucess story to share
- Love and support
- The Countdown Begins!
- Preparing for Sunday's trip to Madison!
- ▼ August (25)