Thursday, December 10, 2009

Trapped!

I woke up this morning to frost covering the windows as the street light shown through and I thought, it is the season of feeling trapped.  I said I gotta blog about this!
Lisa beat me to it.  I just read the positive post of Elijahland blog and realize I need to break out the love-o'-winter-feelings myself.  However, it is cold and I feel just that.... trapped.

Roa is still young enough at 17 months to not enjoy the cold wind in his face.  We tried the swing in the backyard last week as the flurries flew and the breeze nipped and he looked at me with the "Mom, are you crazy?!" look and indoors we went.

Today, as he walked me around the house, he moved over to the door and then looked up at me as if to say, "How long will this take?"
I totally feel his pain. There will be warmer days where we can try sledding, build a snowman, and take him on our nightly walk.  But,  right now, Roa, it's just you and me, kid.  Trapped.

1 comment:

  1. I love living in the North, I really do, but sometimes it can be a bit much. I'm still working on those loving the winter feelings myself. It was sooo cold today! Trapped is a really good way to put it. It's hard to think that winter has essentially just started, but there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Winter doesn't last forever, there will be warmer days, there are snowmen that need to be built. Right? :) At least that's what I keep reminding myself.

    ReplyDelete

Mom and Me

Mom and Me