Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Eyes a watching

As I sit down to do a little much needed blogging, I feel little eyes wtching me from the swing. Gunnar is awake. Much like his big brother, gunnar is a mini-napper, sleeping for 30 minutes- 3 times a day. Roa is off to Conductive Ed with Brittany, but my "time-off" isn't like it used to be since Gunnar came into our world.
Gunnar is a miracle. We marvel at all his accomplishments and watch with wonder as he sits, uses his hands, eats without gagging.  He has now started to pivot and move backward on his tummy.  He even is pulling to stand. Having another child was scary after our struggles with Roa, but I am so happy we did.
Roa loves watching his brother. He wants to see everything Gunnar is doing. We are happy to report that Roa is pretty motivated to play on the floor now with his brother.  We are working on that darn sitting with independence.  UGGHHHh!  The day Roa sits on his own for longer than 3 minutes( which is his current record)  I will do kartwheels across the lawn!!  I promise!
Gunnar and Roa have a secret joke going on at all times.  Looking at each other and laughing....  it melts my heart.

*****Okay, so it is a week later since I started that post.  Having these active kids is hard on a blogger!
Roa is off to day one of his summer session of Conductive Ed.  Grandma Lenore was kind enough to drive him as Brittany is off frolicking with Mickey and the Gang in Florida.
So, I will take this time to blog and ignore the dust bunnies fighting over the Gerber puffs tucked under our table legs.

Roa has a busy summer planned therapy-wise.  Tomorrow is our very last Birth to 2 session and I am so sad!!!!   I can't believe that these wonderful ladies will not be visiting us anymore at the Thayer home!  It is hard to imagine Roa growing and changing without them! 
Roa will be going 2 days a week to Conductive Ed, Speech combined with OT 2 days as well, Music therapy 1 time, aquatic on our own 2 times.  We will try to fit a few craniosacral session in as well.  Oh, and hippotherapy/horseback riding starts after his birthday.

Our little Roa is turning 3 on June 24th.   So hard to believe.  He is getting so tall.  I wish I could put in a wish to God to keep him small for just a bit longer until he gains more stability!  We bought him a new Child Rite seat- similar to a Bumbo, but made for larger children with special needs.  It helps with floor time, but he really wants to be down on the ground with his brother.

On Friday, Roa is recieving his 4th Botox injection series.  That too, will help with sitting and hopefully will aid with his continue practice with his reverse walker.  We like his gait trainer, but the reverse walker gives him more freedom.

Okay, so update complete!  Off I go to conquer the housework before G-man wakes up from his power nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mom and Me

Mom and Me