Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day 17- My Husband, My Hero

As I write this, Daddy is in the chamber with Roa. This is after -getting home from work yesterday, going to the bank to make sure bills are paid, cleaning the house up, walking the dogs, driving the 4 hours to get here at 12:30am, sleeping 1 hour before helping me with Roa who was awake from 2:00 until 4:30am. On the way to the HBOT center this morning, he even found it possible to give Roa and I a good bellylaugh through his dry, humorous comments.
I love my husband more each day. He is the strongest, most amazing person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Last week, when I was at my breaking point, Bryan brought out our wedding CD of "our songs" and we danced in our hotel room. Tears flowed from my eyes as I realized he truly is my ROCK, my sanity during this difficult part of Roa's life, difficult part of our lives together. Many people have asked, how WE are doing as a couple during all of this. Honestly, dealing with Roa and his developmental issues has only made us stronger.
I hope that everyone has experienced a love like this in their lifetime. I feel blessed to have the pleasure of being Mrs. Thayer.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I hope he reads this so he knows how much you appreciate him!

    ReplyDelete

Mom and Me

Mom and Me