Thursday, January 21, 2010

MRI on Monday

Today was rough.  Simply put.  Roa was up this morning at 2:00am until 2:20... then from 3:00am until 5:30am!! Bryan is out of town for work, so I was on dog duty at 5:00am sharp when Max and Molly stirred.  Roa awoke for the day, as usual, 7:00am.   Let's just say, physical therapy with Mary at 8:30 was a welcomed break for Momma, but I wasn't looking or feeling chipper.

We also went to the doctor today for a general check up before Roa's MRI on Monday.  I am very nervous for the procedure as Roa will be sediated. I know it is routine, but a mother worries.  The neurologist has wanted us to complete this MRI since Roa was 6 months, but we have put it off until he was older. Roa will be 19 months on Sunday.  I guess it is time.

We don't really know what to expect from the results. There is a chance it can find the area of Roa's brain affected.  There is a chance that they can find out when the brain damage happened, but that is very slim.  There is an equally slim chance that they can find something that is correctable. THAT slim chance is the reason we are going ahead with the MRI.  There is also a hope that this MRI can give the doctor some predictions for Roa's futher development. That is scary to think about and yet we hope and pray to hear some positives.

Say a prayer for little Roa on Monday.  Say a prayer that the results of the MRI give us some sort of direction for Roa's future.   Jesus take the wheel....

1 comment:

  1. I know just how you feel. Holding him while he fell asleep in my arms under anesthesia was such a helpless feeling. But he woke up fine and was just groggy the rest of the day.

    Good luck to all of you on Monday. Good vibes coming your way.

    I have always stopped the doctors short when they begin to predict what Henry's future may hold. I figure he will do and be whatever he is meant to. It sure would be nice to hear some positives and possibly prepare for the future but I cant bare to put limits on my amazing little boy. At his birth, the world reknowned doctor predicted that he would never leave the hospital or eat or breath on his own. I dont put much trust in doctors predictions.

    ReplyDelete

Mom and Me

Mom and Me